Classified students can drop classes online at Banner Web. Follow these instructions to add or drop classes:
- The Banner Web address is https://my.msstate.edu.
- Enter your NetID and NetPassword in the gray box to the left.
- Click on Login.
- Select the Banner tab from the top left row of options.
- Under the Registration Menu click the first option, Register for Classes.
- From the Registration Term drop down list, select a term and click the Submit Term Button.
- You should see the screen for adding and dropping classes. To drop a class, go into the add/drop class section and click on the "drop class" option next to the courses on your schedule. You may also search for open classes, or view your schedule, by clicking on the appropriate buttons. To add a class, click on "add/drop classes using schedule builder option". You will then have to enter the course symbol (i.e. MGT) and number (i.e. 8121). Select the appropriate campus from the drop down box and then click on "show sections for selected course". Click on the appropriate section, the course is automatically added and your schedule will be shown.
- If you are unable to drop your courses online, please contact Angella Baker email@example.com or Cindy Smith firstname.lastname@example.org to assist you.
- You may print your schedule by selecting the print button at the top of the page when your schedule is displayed on the screen. Be sure to change the print orientation to landscape.
Students cannot drop all classes without withdrawing from the university. To drop all classes and withdraw, go to my.msstate.edu, log in, and select the Banner tab. Select the Registration menu, then select Withdraw Request. Your request will be routed for electronic approval. The effective date is the date that you submit the online request.
Drop and Withdrawal Refund Schedule